Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Election Hangover

* Bush won. Kerry concedes. Game over. GOP picks up House and Senate seats.

* The stock market has a nice rally on. I wondered if we'd get a sell the news reaction. Well, maybe we're getting a "Thank God it's over" rally. The crowd is usually right for most of the trend. And we do have seasonality on our side. I'm letting it ride on the long side.

* Lakers won. Think Chris Mihm is going to score over 20 every night? I picked him up in my fantasy league just in case! Pistons also won. And the Mavs beat the sinking Kings.

* Yesterday, nobody here was talking about the election. Today, everyone has the electoral map up.

* After spending so much time on politics and the election, it's almost a relief to move on now. The market is rallying. Almost a sigh, "Thank goodness."

* The funny thing about politics, is that we'll rev the emotions back up in 2 years for the non-presidential election, and in another 2 years in 2008. Like the super bowl. We get to argue about our teams all over again!

* Like I mentioned earlier, the analysts are out there saying what does this mean for stocks? Which companies to own or not own based on a Bush win? I'm staying diversified. Although, I do note that there has been an interesting relationship between oil prices and technology stocks this year. Oil goes up, tech prices fall. Oil goes down, tech prices rise.

* Any Hollywood stars packing their bags for Canada after the Kerry loss?

* I think I'll watch Farenheit 911 tonight. LOL.

* Drug stocks are reacting well to the Bush win, no?

blog comments powered by Disqus