Thursday, April 12, 2007

CNBC Contest Thoughts

  • The market rocketing higher after yesterday's worrying about the Fed. If you're getting the feeling the market will never go down again, I don't think you're alone.  It's contagious.
  • CNBC stock contest?  Rank 149863 (Top 21%)!  Still sitting with KOMG, AFSI, and VRGY and about 40% cash.  But, I'm selling 100% at the close in case friday sees some profit taking after the market's nice run.  Besides, I kind of want to just go for it.  Not like it's real money.  And can't win playing like I am right now.  So if I get crazy and risky, I might see that ranking fall. But who cares, right?  Will run scans and throw all of the marbles at something tomorrow.
  • I think my strategy might be to find something on my scans that has earnings soon.  As long as the whisper number is close to the expected number, then in this market environment maybe it'll pop.  "They" say never gamble on earnings, but that explosive pop is exactly what one needs to have a chance in this CNBC thing.  That'd be the magic button for the CNBC contest!  Again, it's not real money anyways.
  • American Idol?  Goodbye, Haley Scarnato.  Goodbye, Haley's legs.  Goodbye, Haley's boobs.  Wasted that text vote for nothing!

blog comments powered by Disqus