Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Gimme More!

  • I'm no chubby chaser, but Britney Spears doesn't look *that* fat to me.  Heck, here at the Fun Factory she'd be in the lightweight class.  Yes, she could've made a better costume choice.  I'll go with that.  And the whole number was pretty painful to watch.  Maybe she was just afraid to move in the costume.
  • The market was ... eh, boring.  Since I've been 100% long and see no reason to change, I'm not too worried about it.  Yes, I do think that we're still in the Summer's trading range.  Breaking out of that has been impossible so far.  I haven't been trading much at all lately.  Just staying long.
  • When one is long, I think it helps to try to work out the bear case.  I think they'd say that everyone already knows the Fed is going to cut rates.  That it's priced in or that we'd see a sell the news reaction.  The bears might also say that the dollar is going to get hammered with Fed rate cuts.  They'd say that the mortgage recession is much larger than people realize, and that the financial sector is in trouble.  They may say we're in a recession, and that the consumer is tapped out.
  • The Bears might also say how can one stop LaDanian Tomlinson and still lose to the Chargers?
  • Eh, I think all of the bears fears are in the papers daily and that the Fear of these things is already in the sentiment numbers.  But so far it has been difficult to break out. 
  • Like the Patriots really need to cheat.  Sheez.  And ProFootballTalk wonders if the Pats also use radios on defense.  (h/t to Adam Warner for the link to 'em and also for keeping track of where Biana went off to).
  • Jason has The Neutral signal on!
  • If the market has you down, Roger says Take a Step Back.  And I agree about the Stock Traders Almanac.
  • In edit: Adam (in the link above) notes the controversy over Eli Manning's status. Is he out for a month? Suiting up this weekend? It's a big secret. The only ones who know the real status of Eli Manning are the New England Patriots, because rumor has it they stole a copy of the Doctor's report.

blog comments powered by Disqus