Monday, November 26, 2007

Cyber Monday

  • Welcome to Cyber Monday. Why are you reading this blog instead of rackin' up credit card points on Amazon? 
  • Isn't that the big selling point these days for credit cards?  We're all obsessed over accumulating "points."  Did you get any points with that?  How many points do you have?  Only a few more charges until you make the next level in points!
  • The points eventually translate into rebates of some kind, on things like air fare, gasoline, or whatever.  Assuming we all cash in our points.  And I suppose the credit companies are hoping we don't!
  • Shopping stats from over the weekend....  The combined total for Friday and Saturday, $16.3 billion, outpaced last year’s $15.2 billion by 7.2 percent.  Even in the so-called "Worst.  Economy.  Ever."
  • The stock market appeared to be happy with this news early, but then slipped into malaise as worries grew in the financial sector.  Citigroup planning massive layoffs?  Etc.   You know the story with the financials.  Someday, they'll be tremendous buys, but the news headlines on them are sure ugly right now.  Now, the market is basically flatlining.  I remain long here, and contemplating getting more aggressive.  I believe the bull market is alive and well, and we're just seeing wall of worry stuff that typically comes along now and then.  The reasons may be different each pullback, but the underlying fundamentals of the bull market remain intact.  IMHO, anyways.
  • All in all, I was pretty lazy over the weekend.  I never go shopping over Thanksgiving.  No way.  I did get out in the yard some, but mostly watched football everyday, and caught up on TV shows.  I'm a fan of Sci-Fi, so caught up on the Bionic Woman and Journeyman.  Regarding the Bionic Woman, I like Michelle Ryan, but the shows with Katee Sackoff were a bit slow for me.  It's better without her.  I know the folks at AfterEllen love her; but, I'll pass!  (I think her character on Battlestar Galactica is horrible, too). 
  • Journeyman is a good show.  I always fall for a time travel storyline that includes hot chicks.  I'm worried it'll be cancelled, due to the Moon Bloodgood (pictured!!!) curse.  If she's in a show (Day Break), it gets cancelled.  She's an amazing looker.  Your shows aren't being cancelled because of me, Moon.
  • And until I looked up Moon on IMDB, I thought her character's name was Olivia.  It's just Livia!!!
  • You still have time to rack up some points before days end.  Get to it!

blog comments powered by Disqus