Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Randomosity

  • Hey, two blog posts in one day!  I think I can, I think I can…  Brought to you by a sexy race girl. Just cuz.
  • Did you see where Warren Buffett doubled his Wal-mart holdings?
  • While we’re debating government-run health care, it may be important to see how government-run mail delivery is goingThe U.S. Postal Service reported a $3.8 billion loss in the 2009 fiscal year, and plans to propose to Congress in 2010 that it drop Saturday delivery.  Nice!
  • Hey, the Fed sees no asset bubbles"The prices of assets in U.S. financial markets do not appear to be clearly out of line with the outlook for the economy and business prospects as well as the level of risk-free interest rates," said Fed Vice Chairman Donald Kohn.  Should we file this in the folder with the internet stock bubble and housing bubble the Fed also didn’t see?
  • Arnold Kling:  No Bubbles Here.  Move Along Now.
  • Hey, niacin is good for the heart after all.
  • I have little interest in Sarah Palin’s book, Going Rogue.  You?  Heck, $30.   Review up at WSJ
  • Speaking of, I recently subscribed to the online and print version of WSJ.  It really is a well-written newspaper, and contains more than just recycled AP news stories.  I’m enjoying the hard-copy for a change of pace.  Old school, baby!

blog comments powered by Disqus