Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day Randomosity

  • image I hope you celebrated Earth Day with a bike ride, as this Japanese girl did. Bikini bottom with the sweater ensemble, because you never know if it’s going to be too cool or warm in Spring.  Be prepared, dress in layers!
  • Microsoft’s $MSFT income up 35% driven by Windows 7.  Ah, yes. The upgrade cycle.  I imagine we’ll see more of that with regards to companies tied to PCs.
  • NFL draft analysis.  I love watching the NFL draft.  It’s very memorizing.  Every player taken somehow “should have gone much earlier.”  Fun!
  • The market seems to be gasping a little, but I’m not ready to do anything about it.  It had a chance for some big selling today, but rebounded off the open.
  • Tim Urban finally voted off American Idol.  Well, he’s not even close to the best of the rest on that show. I didn’t watch much of the Charity Event last night. Thanks to the magic DVR, I was able to skip through most of it.  I did pause at Fergie’s outfit, but I had to turn the sound down.  I just don’t get the Black Eyed Peas.
  • $AMZN falling 6% after hours.  Their profits were up 68% from last year, but anticipating a slowdown in growth.  I used to buy stuff from Amazon all the time.  Almost weekly.  But I don’t buy many books, movies or CDs anymore.  Plus, there is a porch thief who follows the UPS truck around and swipes stuff.  I have always had things re-shipped, but it’s frustrating.
  • Did you read that Hulu is going to charge $10 a month for past-its-prime TV?  I’m not looking for another monthly subscription.  Does this mean I won’t be able to watch Stargate SG-1 anymore if I don’t sign up?  Plus, they’re going to add more commercials?  Ugh.

blog comments powered by Disqus