Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Night Randomosity

  • Before I mention stocks, I want to say that Summer is so much better than Winter.  Pool, bbq, beer, and friends. Outstanding.
  •  
  • Oil is declining, and there are a few reasons.  First, lots of crisisisis in the world.  You know - Greece.  What this means is that folks are a little worried about world currencies and are moving to the "safe" dollar.  Dollar goes up, and the prices of commodities go down.  But the other reason is that if there is an economic slowdown world wide, or even USA specific, then the demand for oil goes down.  I'm a little less worried about the latter, as I think there is just a period of slower economic growth rather than a recession.  So demand for crude will remain steady and trend up, while the supply of crude will stay steady.  I think this leads to higher prices eventually, so I'm staying long my oil play.  Even if it swings back and forth in the short term.
  •  
  • Alyssa Campanella of Los Angeles wins Miss USA.  Really.  Pictured!  Whoa, Nellie.
  •  
  • Stock futures down as I type.  Lots of fear out there.  You think, geez, it's not really that bad.  It's not like 2008 with the housing collapse coming down around us.  So I think it's just a correction.  As a matter of fact, I'm starting to think about rotating back into higher-beta stocks.  Really.  Yes, it would be catching a falling knife, and I think any rally sees a retest of the lows.  So the other side of the argument is to wait for a low and then buy a retest.  But, hmm.  
  •  
  • Oh yeah, still in my SPY trade.  It's only down a smidge anyway. Not close to my stop on the downside, and not near my target on the upside - which would be close to the 50dma.
  •  
  • So, I don't get the whole sunscreen ratings system coming down on us.  Do you?  Other than stay out of the sun and wear protective clothing.  Then we have spray and rub-on sunscreen.  So the government, instead of tackling economic issues, is setting SPF rules.  Why not just announce that they're playing the fiddle?
  •  
  • Melon.  That's the other reason I like Summer.  I'm having some cantaloupe now.  
  •  
  • Miss USA pageant about to start here, but we know the winner!  AHEM.  SET THE DVR.   Damn, these girls are hot.  In their early 20s.  LOL.   How do you single it down to ONE?  In Las Vegas.  
  •  
  • So I'm in hiring interviews, and it's amazing when the young hot ones come in.  Last week, one said "It's getting warm in here, I hope you don't mind if I take my jacket off."  And, I think - I THINK - the whole thing was for me.  LOL  But, if I end up hiring her, it's purely based on her qualifications.  Purely.  And I really do mean that, because if I have to work with her, I need a hard worker.  

Took a week off from lifting weights.  Didn't really end the aches and pains, so I'm just going to hit it all again starting tomorrow, and then may take another week off.  Not sure.  Just trying to balance things out. I may slow down on the weights and increase cycling for the summer, and then rotate back to the weights when we change back to standard time. 

The important thing is the commitment to exercise and fitness, no matter the form it takes.

blog comments powered by Disqus