Wednesday, December 26, 2012

More Fiscal Cliff Randomosity

  • $$ - The stock market is stuck until a deal on the fiscal cliff is done. I know. Boring. I guess the next 2 days are about positioning for 2012 taxes or 2013 "predictions" if everyone hasn't done so already.
  • I finally watched Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation today. I wanted to do it the other night, but $NFLX was down and for some reason that created all kinds of problems in my Roku box - it was giving me an error message that it couldn't connect to the internet, although I think it was. It just wouldn't work on anything until Netflix came back up. NFLX was up today, by the way!
  • I liked Christmas Vacation. Not as much as the others, but entertaining enough.
  • Retail sales also came in a little light. Holiday-related sales rose 0.7 percent from October 28 through December 24, compared with a 2 percent increase last year. I'm partly to blame. While I did do most of my shopping online, I didn't spend as much as in 2011 or prior years.
  • I don't feel good about bonds in 2013.
  • $AAPL iPad 5 imminent? Sheez. The Apple release cycle of once-a-year could be "the good old days" soon.
  • By the way, I did most of my shopping on $AMZN. Yes, Amazon Prime and all.
  • By the way, the Lakers have won five in a row. Are they back?
  • George H. W. Bush is in intensive care. Let's pray for his health. I think if it wasn't for Ross Perot, Bush would have beat Clinton in 1992 and served 2 terms.
  • Timothy Geithner says the US will hit the debt ceiling by Monday. No worries. They'll extend it. If it's one thing the government likes to do, it's spending money. And no matter what kind of fiscal cliff deal they come to that raises revenue or "cuts" spending, the deficits will continue and the national debt will continue to rise. It's the way it is until it stops, or something stops us from doing it.
  • Looks like Senator Harry Reid is working with President Obama on a fiscal cliff deal. And then they'd need 30 Republican votes with the minority Democrats to pass it in the House. We shall see...
 

blog comments powered by Disqus