Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Another Good Day Randomosity

  • $AA - Alcoa gets the reason du jour for the stock market move today. Yet, the shares fell a nickel. Yeah, figure that one out. The company gets credit for kicking off earnings season with good news, and their share prices fall.
  • Wall Street had faced the wall of worry, with things like the debt ceiling, European bad news, and potentially a weak retail season over Christmas. But that wasn't today's business.
  • How about those small cap stocks? Whoa, Nellie!
  • I'm still 100% long, with beta. Lots of small stuff and NDX stuff. But the NDX is being weighed down by shares of $AAPL.
  • My thought on Katherine Webb, Brent Musburger (not pictured), and ESPN? First, I agree with Brent on Katherine: Wow. Second, I disagree with ESPN for apologizing. Third, I really applaud for Katherine for saying that this isn't a big deal. It's not even that creepy. Heck, a guy sees a good looking women and loses focus for a second. He was just being honest.
  • By the way, $FB - Facebook, is over $30. Share that! (I guess uploading pictures of my dog once a week is working!)
  • Today was a very cold and foggy day in Sacramento. Granted, it's not North Dakota kind of cold. But for us light-jacket only folks, it chills to the bone!
  • Are the Sacramento Kings being sold and then moving to Seattle? I'm watching the local news and that's all they're talking about. Of course, we've heard this all before. At least the moving the team part.
  • Lakers lose fifth in a row. Ah, the super team...

 

blog comments powered by Disqus