Monday, April 22, 2013

Netflix Surges!

I've never owned shares of Netflix, $NFLX.  In some of the Audioboos over the years I went over why I don't own shares "for the long term."  But what a comeback by the DVD and streaming service, signing up over 2m subscribers.  The stock is surging about 26% after the news today.

This is a Peter Lynch "buy what you know" kind of stock for me as I stream movies all week long via the Roku box.  But I didn't buy it.  (LOL.)

We shall see what happens going forward as there are more and more competitors in the streaming business.  But nice job by the company!
***

Netflix Erases Doubts With Signup Gain Propelling Shares
BLOOMBERG NEWS | APRIL 22, 2013
http://pulse.me/s/kVvHl


Netflix Inc. (SPX), vanquishing Wall Street skepticism about its growth prospects, is poised to become the best-performing stock in the Standard & Po... Read more

--
Sent via Pulse/

blog comments powered by Disqus