Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Thoughts on ‎McDonald's - $MCD

$MCD - The problem I see with McDonald's is that there is a lot of competition in the same strip malls and shopping centers.  And the competition sells better food at a similar price!

That being said, my local Mickey D's is always busy.  I also find myself going there more often because of the "supersized" menu issue the linked-to article claims is a problem.  I like salads and I do stop there for a coffee now and then, too.

I do think the company can continue to expand into new markets and neighborhoods, while maintaining existing customers.  But it seems as if it will be difficult to expand the visits-per-week from existing customers.

Disclosure: long $MCD
***

McDonald's Menu Problem: It's Supersized

Julie Jargon

The Wall Street Journal. - The Wall Street Journal. - ‎Wednesday‎, ‎December‎ ‎3‎, ‎2014

McDonald's Corp.'s menu may have grown too big to succeed. The fast-food giant has added oatmeal,...


Sent from Surface Pro

blog comments powered by Disqus