Sunday, June 23, 2019

Shaq, Coffee, Oculus Rift, Disney and Stocks


  • I click on the Apple News Economy headlines, and the first article that comes up is from Yahoo Finance, “Quietest in 20 years: Truckers feel chill of slowing US economy.”  Do bull markets end when everyone is telling us how bad the economy is?  Uh, I don’t think so...  I’d expect to see lots of euphoria and speculation.  Doesn’t have to be that way, but still...  Lots of pessimism in the headlines.  
  • Apple is set to release their first 5G iPhones in 2020.  Whether or not consumers will get 5G service outside of a 3 block radius in a few US cities is unknown at this time.  But I hear it’s really, really fast!
  • I watched a YouTube video of a demo of the new Oculus Rift virtual reality game system.  Let’s just say it was no Striking Vipers.  (Black Mirror reference ... It’s a joke!)
  • I heard Toy Story 4 was pretty good, but CNN says the movie didn’t top Disney’s high expectations.  The movie made $238 million worldwide, and $118 here in the US.  Seems like a lot.  I mean, it’s more than I made this weekend.  You?
  • I’m not sure how many bad things have to happen before people cancel their vacation plans to the Dominican Republic, but we’ve got to be getting close.
  • Shaq has never had coffee?  What?
  • If I had to pick the likely winner from the field of Democratic hopefuls, I’m thinking it’s going to be Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren.  I don’t think Biden or Bernie are going to be there.  First debates this week, right?  I expect a lot of Trump bashing!
  • Hope you had a great weekend.  First official weekend of summer, you know.  

blog comments powered by Disqus