Monday, September 27, 2004

Quick Hits

* When I was in school, some teachers read the roll last names first, first names last. For example, I'd be "Dog Muck" in the roll call. So, I felt a little sorry reading a column by a guy named Dick Moore. I hope he went by "Richard!"

* I started Vinny Testeverde tonight in my Fantasy Football league. Or, maybe ESPN's Chris Berman would say Vinny Barbarino Testaverde! Up the Redskins noses, with rubber hoses!

* The stock market? Looks like we're getting the seasonal weakness. I'm not going to try and play this. Maybe the market is reacting to oil prices, Iraq, terror, the election, or who knows what, but I'm still optimistic that the economy is growing. This economic growth will show up in corporate bottom lines, and eventually stock prices. That's my intermediate term theory. In the short term? Maybe we get that September-October bottom that seems to happen most years.

* Baked Doritos. Mmmmm....

* Another weekend, another hurricane. And another $14 billion in damage. I wonder how property insurance companies are doing in Florida these days?

* Memo to the Miami Dolphins: You call THAT an offense?

* Interest rates sure have gone down again. Remember in the summer, everyone was saying that they'd be going higher. WRONG.

* I wonder if the nation would be best served with a Kerry win, and the GOP retaining Congress? At least then, nobody would ever agree with anyone. We'd have gridlock again; which, served us VERY well from 1994-2000.

blog comments powered by Disqus