Friday, August 17, 2007

The Fed (and Madden 2008 on the Wii)

  • Wow. So the Fed steps in and gooses (geeses?) the markets this morning.  We have a gap up, but then a major fade.  Still 3 hours to go as I type, and it'll be interesting to see that final hour.  I like the CNBC comments this morning that some of the options players might be getting spanked on the gap this morning.  Hey, what if the opposite of yesterday happens in the final hour?
  • I'm 100% long and not watching the ticks today.  Just letting it flow.
  • Cam Cameron and the Dolphins went for the 2-pt conversion to save us all from overtime with the 3rd string.  Very merciful, Cam.  I taped the game and FFed through it.   I couldn't stand all the Michael Vick talk.  It was just horrible.  So I watched the game in well under an hour.  Skipped ahead 30 seconds after every tackle.  What a great way to watch a game.
  • Played Madden 2008 on the Nintendo Wii afterwards. I was initially disheartened to see #8 Daunte Culpepper quarterbacking the video game Miami Dolphins. 
  • Mentioning Daunte Culepper to a Dolphins fan is like screaming "Satan!" in a crowded church. 
  • "I rebuke you demon quarterback spirit, in the name of Dan Marino!"
  • I played the "family mode" for 5 minutes and racking up 21 quick points on a halfback toss to Randy Brown for 74 yards, then a 80-yard pass play from Lucifer (er, Culpepper) to Chris Chambers, and finaly a bunch of short passes from the unholy one to various receivers.  I decided I needed to see what else the game had to offer.
  • I went online and registered with Electronic Arts for online play.  The good news?  ROSTER UPDATES!
  • When I returned to the Dolphins in advanced mode, Beelzebub had been replaced by at QB by #10 Trent Green.  Ted Ginn Jr was on the team, too.  I went through the practice drills, and then played the Jets.  I'll need to spend some more time with this one.  Pretty fun.
  • TGIF.

blog comments powered by Disqus