Monday, August 20, 2007

Monday's First

  • I suppose the IBD theme here would be to look for a follow-through day in the market starting either tuesday or wednesday.  Today we're drifting down a little.  Investors were concerned early that the Fed didn't inject enough liquidity into the market today. 
  • I remain 100% long and just watching.  A little nervous with the rest of August and the whole of September bearing down on us, but I think the economy will be fine.  And we all know that the Fed will now cut rates next month.
  • Lots of fear and pessimism out there.  Lots of volatility.
  • Oh, for what it's worth, I fired up the Black Box this weekend.  It's been mostly quiet the past few months after a sell signal in May.  Anyways, it had lots of buy signals on the index ETFs and on my favorite large caps last week.  Especially on thursday.   Combine that with the widespread fear and market volatility, and I think that makes me feel more bullish.  Even though I'm "all in" as they say in Texas Hold 'em.
  • Watching way too much pre-season football.  I'm not sure why.  Lamont Jordan had a decent game for the Raiders, but I wouldn't consider him for the fantasy football team, you know?

blog comments powered by Disqus