Monday, July 14, 2008

A Run on the Bank!

clipped from news.yahoo.com
IndyMac Bancorp Inc customers lined up outside a branch at the company's headquarters on Monday, hoping to withdraw their money after regulators seized what was once one of the largest mortgage lenders in the United States.

Regulators seized Pasadena-based IndyMac on Friday after a bank run in which
customers withdrew $1.3 billion of deposits over 11 business days, as worries
about the company's survival grew, regulators said. The bank has 33 branches in
Southern California.

"I have $360,000 in this bank, and I was misled by this bank," said Robert Clark, a Glendale resident who was waiting on line. "I gave the names of my mother, my sister and my brother on the account so I thought I would be insured. I don't know what to do. I really don't know what to do."

 blog it
Customers lining up as early as 4am to try to get their cash. So, not as big of a deal as trying to get in line *days* early for an Apple iPhone... Good read.

blog comments powered by Disqus