Sunday, March 01, 2009

Energy

Just a quick note on energy. I was listening to Bob Brinker's show on Saturday. In the last hour of the program, Dr. Bill Wattenburg was on talking about energy and mentioned that he had taken out an advertisement in the Washington Post. I went to Dr. Bill's website and found the advertisement, and I have to admit it makes a lot of sense. The advertisement urges President Obama to consider using natural gas for the federal vehicle fleet.

No matter where one stands politically, I believe we all want the economy to mend and grow. My fear is that we've taken our eye off of the ball on energy. I believe that the United States will recover, and when we do our energy demand will increase. That could mean $5 gasoline again. What a shame it would be to see a large chunk of the stimulus package end up in OPEC.