Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Depends Meeting Briefs

  • About 5 minutes before a major meeting this morning, I have to go to the bathroom. I play a major role in the meeting, but my body is not on office time. So I get to the meeting a few minutes late and catch major flack, and gave an excuse that I was fighting a paper jam in the printer. But I was thinking, Depends should make "Depends Meeting Briefs" so you could take care of business during a meeting. Nothing should slow down the wheels of progress!
  • With a couple of hours left, Yahoo Finance notes that the economic news is causing the market to go down while sparking interest in Treasuries. I can't think anyone is that interested in Treasuries with the rates low and the government spending trillions of dollars that we don't have. So I think we can call it a blip or profit taking before the trend continues. I don't see how folks would go long bonds and short gold here, you know?
  • We'll wait for the final numbers and any last hour flip flops.
  • But Ben Bernanke, and I preface this noting that he's rarely been right about anything, says that we're in store for low growth and low inflation. Ben will be appearing at your local comedy club soon, with two shows nightly. Two drink minimum, but I'd recommend at least three.
  • If you're thinking about a Taco Bell Burrito Supreme for lunch, that'll cost you 410 calories and you'll have to dance for 70 minutes to burn it off! I say turn up the computer speakers in your office and dance at your desk after lunch. Invite your coworkers. Turn it into Cafe Disco.


blog comments powered by Disqus