Monday, March 14, 2011

World Turmoil Randomosity

ucla cheerleader

  • Well, it's tough to think about anything other than what is unfolding in Japan. But it looks like the Libyan rebels are taking a bit of a beating by Gaddafi's forces. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia sends troops into Bahrain.

  • As it was in the days of Noah, I guess.

  • GE stock falls on the Japan nuclear story. Folks are afraid GE could be liable for something.

  • ATT to cap data use for their DSL and U-Verse customers starting in May. Ranges from 150gig to 250gig depending on your service, and each additional 50gig will cost $10. Not bad. But I bet I come close due to heavy Netflix streaming.

  • On that note, I'm re-watching season 6 of Lost via Netflix. Watched the first four episodes yesterday. And then I notice the little clues to what comes later in the season. LOL.

  • Market turned around a bit towards the close. Again, it seems like things should be worse. It is options week. March Madness week. You wonder what the market would be like without the world turmoil!

  • I went to the Apple store today and played with the new iPad 2. Okay, it's lighter and feels better in the hands. The speed improvement was a little noticeable, but not blazing. The magnetic cover is pretty cool. So I'm not sure I'm upgrading to the new version just yet. We'll see.

  • I read on the CNBC app, which doesn't let you copy links, that investors poured over $1B into Japanese ETFs prior to the earthquake. How's that for market timing?

  • You know, this kind of thing will lead to a strong rebuilding effort. So investing in post-disaster Japan isn't the worst idea.

  • In Week 5 of bodybuilding. Tired! Had an early dinner so waiting a bit before I hit the shoulders and back!

blog comments powered by Disqus