Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Tad Hamilton

* I added a few links just below the chalkboard for the Red Cross and Salvation Army. These are two outstanding organizations that are helping out with the aftermath of the tsunamis. Help out if you can.

* I like sappy romantic comedies. I don't know why. So, I had HBO on last night and watched Win a Date with Tad Hamilton. Not one of the best romantic comedies ever made, but watchable.

* More 2005 prophecies on the stock and housing market. I'm surprised by the negative outlooks. They seem to be in abundance.

* The new season of Alias starts in January. The TV ads are pumpin' Jennifer Garner non-stop. She is hot. A buddy asked me the other day as the ad was playing on TV, "Do you watch Alias?" My response, "No, but I think I'm going to start. Heck, looks like I should buy the DVDs." He said he didn't watch it either, but that he might start. Great ad campaign. Great star.

* "Nobody is nobody."

* Bankrupt airline US Airways is asking nonunion workers to work for free in Philadelphia from Dec. 30 to Jan. 3. "Boss, I have an idea on how to reduce our labor costs. It's brilliant! We'll ask our employees to work for free!" That was probably followed by a very bizarre all-staff meeting.

* "Everybody is somebody else's Tad Hamilton."

* Can you imagine getting an offer from US Airways out of college? "Mom, Dad, I have some good news! I found a job! But, can I still live at home for awhile? The job doesn't have a salary; I'm working for free."

* Getting a promotion at US Airways might not be all what it's cracked-up to be, either. "Well, Focker, we're going to promote you up a level. Of course, this added responsibility will be a challenge and might cause some long hours and maybe some time in on the weekends. The salary is the same as what you're currently making; which, as you know, is absolutely nothing."

* The good news: The Christmas bonus at US Airways will be two-times your salary! The bad news: Your salary is $0.

* "Sometimes, Goliath kicks the shit out of David."

* I'm still carb loading for whatever challenge awaits me in the next few days.

* In the real world, would Rosalee really leave Tad and Hollywood, to go back to Pete? Of course not.

blog comments powered by Disqus