Friday, December 07, 2007

TGIF - December 7th

  • I remain long this market.  I think investors are realizing that the headlines about how horrible the economy is have been a bit overdone and ... WRONG!  We have rallied quite a bit off the lows, and at some point we're going to see the advance stall out.  I'm not going to try to game any short-term swings.  I believe the market is heading to new highs, and once there I'll look at reallocating. 
  • We can't forget December 7th.  It doesn't seem to make the headlines much anymore, and those who served this country back in World War II are passing away. 
  • Today's headlines include the real estate "fix" by President Bush.  Watching some CNBC and Fox Business News, I tend to agree with those who say that folks who can't afford homes shouldn't be in homes.  Why is the government bailing out those who don't have much to lose?  Remember that some of those last to buy a house in the bubble went in with no money down and had low teaser rates that are now adjusting.  How much are they losing?  Do they have any home equity?
  • I realize that an election year is coming up and there will be some government intervention.  But not sure if this will help or just prolong the housing crisis.  After all, those who cannot afford the mortgage payment reset now will probably be unlikely to afford it in a few years, either.
  • I went in to work yesterday, and probably should've stayed home.  Today, I'm back at home.  Felt pretty miserable this morning, but better later today. 
  • Today's tech-geek thing I did (while bored) is to fix my MP3 player.  At work, I use an old 20 gig Nomad Jukebox 3.  For the past few years, I've been unable to add new songs to it or pull songs from it.  So after searching The Google, I found a firmware upgrade and a software upgrade.  It works! 

blog comments powered by Disqus