Friday, December 28, 2007

TGIFrance!

  • Well, the market was up a little bit ago. What happened?  Did a tiger escape from a foreclosed property in Pakistan?  (See what I did there?  Three current events, with a hint of wall of worry stuff, blended into a stock-selling reason du jour.  Yeah.... Ugh.  But it's friday.   Cut me some slack!  And it probably makes as much sense as anything else...)
  • I had one tax-loss sell this year, but did that back in November and rotated into something same-same.  I believe the SP500 is going to new highs in 2008, Cheech.  The big question today is a matter of positioning.  I'm in a high-beta portfolio now.  So I did some Black Box searching last night and identified a few interesting names that I may rotate into.  Hard to say if I'll do that or not just yet.  I'd like to see us move higher before I start that.
  • Miss France, Valerie Begue, keeps crown after photo controversyBut her reign threatened to be short-lived after a magazine published a risque series of photographs in which she was seen lying in a crucifixion-like pose while wearing a bikini or licking condensed milk in a suggestive manner.
  • Milk builds strong bones.  Just sayin'...
  • Anyways. 
  • Three underdogs today, baby!  The first game starts at 2pm CA time, so I need to find an excuse to leaf early.  Comprenez, Valerie?
  • (I don't know if  "Comprenez" is correct French; I just Babelfished "understand."  Spanish would be "Comprende" so it must be close!!!).
  • What are the odds of oil taking out $100 in 2008?  We're almost there.  Great headline for those running for President, though.  $100 oil will be a psychological thing.  Local news cameras will be out on the street for that.  So where is gasoline headed?  $4-5 a gallon in 2008?  Seems like a no brainer at this point.  But maybe folks will do something radical like.... DRIVE LESS!

blog comments powered by Disqus