Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dancing with the Volatility

  • Why not Brooke Burke?  She's doing great on Dancing with the Stars.
  • Well, anyone trading the volatility here?  Whenever something moves 300 points in one direction early, it seems to reverse itself dramatically more often than not during the course of the day.
  • I remain long this market.   I think selling here would just be a panic move.  As I heard someone said on the news, "We're closer to the bottom now than we were a few weeks ago."
  • Duh!  Yeah, really ya think?
  • I think the likelihood is that we have some sort of rally here in the bear market, and then retest the previous market lows.  I'm probably not the only one thinking that.
  • Who is going to even bother to watch the debate tomorrow night, my friends?  Obama is running away with this thing.  The country just wants a change.  I think if the market was at 14,000 and we were dealing with $5 gasoline, McCain would have a shot.  But everyone has forgotten about energy at this point.  Don't worry, oil prices will go up as the world's economies improve and demand increases.  No new supply is being brought onto the market, so we know how it will go.
  • I think I am going to get the iPhone.  Can't upgrade until next month.  My battery life on my current phone is about 10 minutes.  LOL.