Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Columbus Day!

Another Columbus (not pictured) day!

The stock market up nice today. But we've seen extreme volatility and huge percentage swings during the trading day. Stay tuned! I remain long and down significantly from the bull market highs. I'm not sure if I'm outperforming the market or not. I've rotated around here and there, and hopefully adding some value to the portfolio. We shall see.

Up 510 on the DOW. Hey, we were due for at least a bounce anyways. During the 2000-2 bear market, we had a couple of nice bear market rallies.

I started fantasy football at 0-3 in both of my leagues. In the one where I lost Tom Brady, I've now won three in a row. Thanks to Matt Schaub in two of those weeks. He has been a capable backup QB for me. In my second league, I'm now 2-4; thanks to the re-emergence of Ronnie Brown.