Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just Another Wild Swing

  • I'm amazed at the market volatility with each passing minute.  Go to the bathroom, come back, and there's 300 point swing.  At least.  If you want to play along at home, you might as well move your trading office into the bathroom.  Or put plumbing in your trading office.  Can't afford to miss a tick.
  • "Is that a new porcelain office chair, Muck?"
  • As I mentioned, it seems rather easy to play.  Down big?  Go long.  Get out after the mega-bounce.  And vice-versa if up big.  Buy an inverse fund, and cash out after the mega-fade.
  • Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.  Get rich.
  • I'll link to Adam Warner on this one about Fox going with negative ads on Jim Cramer.  I think Cramer is just entertainment, but pity the person trying to "play along at home."  Adam gives the h/t to Michael Parekh; so, I will, too.
  • I didn't watch the debate last night, but feel that I've seen enough clips and commentary to understand what went on.  McCain probably seemed a bit old and angry.  "My friends..." Obama probably dodged all the questions and was very non-specific with his answers.  "Er, uh, look.."  The usual.  Right?
  • Who is Joe the Plumber?
  • A lot on energy the last few debates.  Nuclear is really the answer, but it's not the politically correct answer.
  • Why wind power won't work.
  • BYU - TCU tonight!  Set the DVR!