Saturday, February 27, 2010

Verizon on the Black Box

More Black Box fun with $VZ.  Here is Verizon on the Black Box daily. I don’t own any but have been thinking about it.  I’ve been watching this one in anticipation of cracking into $T’s iPhone monopoly.  Who hasn’t?  Interesting below $30ish, eh?

image

I wanted to show the Oops in November 2009.  The Black Box is never to be used as a trading system.  It’s just another opinion.  It also is not a system that buys break outs.  It tries to pick bottoms or inflection points.  It gets them wrong from time to time, because predicting the future is risky business no matter what kind of Black Box you use.  (I want to say this with every chart, just to emphasize). 

Verizon on the Weekly looks pretty murky, though.  After the Black Box gave a sell signal in October of 2007, it hasn’t given a buy.  I would surmise that the constant anticipation and rejection of iPhone availability is hampering an attempt to move to the upside.  And now we have to wonder about Apple’s iPad, too.  Is Apple going to forever be in harmony with ATT or will they branch out to other carriers? 

image

I’ve received some feedback on the recent Black Box entries.  Thank you for the comments. I have fun looking at stocks and sharing my thoughts.   Technology makes the world go ‘round.

image

blog comments powered by Disqus