Monday, November 01, 2010

Back from Las Vegas Thoughts

image Well, I’ve been in Las Vegas the past few days.  Lets just say that I donated a little to the Nevada economy.  Not too much thanks to some sports picks and a few late slot hits.

It was pretty crazy for Halloween.  Lot of folks dressed up both Saturday and Sunday.  For all the scary costumes, there were some very clever ones. One guy was dressed up as Bob’s Big Boy (not pictured).  That was my favorite, maybe because of sentimental reasons.  As a kid, my dad was paid once a month.  And once a month, we went to Bob’s Big Boy.  So here’s this guy dressed up in checkered overalls, and it felt like home.

And then for women, I think I have never seen so many slutty costumes.  They look like strippers.

Not that I’m complaining, mind you.  Whoa, Nellie.

This was a trip with no shows or field trips.  Just lots of sports betting, slot playing, and people watching. 

Feels like the stock market is where it wants to be at pre-election.  We’ve been dancing around here for the last couple of weeks.  Lets see how it breaks after Tuesday.  We have early month strength and the election pattern working for us.  We have a weary trend in need of a correction and the Black Box sell signals working against us.

My election prediction:  Republicans gain 703 House seats and 114 Senate seats.

It’s a wave, er, Tsunami.  Expect the unexpected.

blog comments powered by Disqus