Sunday, January 23, 2011

SNL Rerun Randomosity

Yes. Everyone (even Jim Cramer) seems to be happy about the positive market week. Er, well, I'm repeating myself, but the Nasdaq didn't.


Ooh, wee, what's up with that?

  • Analyst Brian White says $AAPL could go to $550. I bet a lot of shareholders are glad to hear that.
  • CBS reports that many House freshman sleep in their offices. For some reason, that didn't come as a surprise to me. I wonder if the interns do the same.
  • $AAPL announces 10 billionth app download. So, that's a lot of apps. How many apps do you have on your iPhone? I think I'm around 40 apps loaded, and many more deleted.
  • President Obama gives the State of the Union on Tuesday, and says the focus will be jobs and the deficit. Er, okay. I'm sure it will.
  • Mitt Romney wins the first 2012 straw poll for the GOP. Phew, it wasn't she who shall not be named. I think Mitt is a strong candidate and comes across as a moderate Republican, but I doubt 2012 will be that easy against an incumbent President Obama. In addition, it may not be that easy to win the Republican nomination being a moderate.
  • So you heard that if you itemize your deductions, you have to wait through February before you can file your 2010 tax return, right? This was due to the late-2010 changes in the tax laws.
  • The Meredith Whitney Prediction Watch: California warns that if there are no budget cuts, the state will have to issue IOUs. Now that's nothing new here, as the state has been down this road before in previous budget years. But I heard clip on the radio where if the voters reject tax hikes in the coming special election, the state will have to cut 6-weeks out of K-12 education.
  • So many are worried about ATT stock now that Verizon is getting the iPhone. But man, ATT is making huge sales on ATT Uverse in my neck of the woods. Yours? (Uh, no NFL Ticket...)

Okay. I tried to stay up and watch all of SNL. I don't think I saw this one when it was originally on!

blog comments powered by Disqus