Monday, July 04, 2011

July 4th Randomosity

rosie huntington

  • Ah, the 4th of July! But after the fireworks, watch for the stock market fireworks this week as we get some big economic data. I think the stock market win streak could be in jeopardy, but I'm still long low-beta stuff and the $SPY trade. For now.

  • 10% of China's GDP is bad debt. And that makes them worse than anyone else?

  • Are we in a secular bear market or two bull/bear cycles? This is some chart analysis opinion of where we are. Always worth a read to see what folks are thinking. As for me, I look at it but do my own thing. As you know.

  • Las Vegas home sales at 5-year high. That's pretty good news, right? I was just down there and at least the crowds were up. Good to see some confirmation in the local economy.

  • Mark Lynas says you shouldn't believe the lies of the Green Zealots: 'Through research, I found that much of what I believed about environmental issues had little, if any, basis in science'

  • Do you think Google+ kills Twitter? Or at least leaves the MLM stuff on Twitter while everyone else migrates to Google+?

And that's a wrap on 4th of July, 2011. I was pretty lazy today, watching a ton of marathon TV events. (I'm looking at you, Twilight Zone and Firefly). Didn't barbecue or watch fireworks. That's a bit strange for me, as I normally love a good summer barbecue.

blog comments powered by Disqus