Monday, June 18, 2012

Back From Bodega Bay

I just got back from Bodega Bay, and trying to wrap my head around the last few trading days. $$

When one goes on vacation and unplugs from the news flow, it's amazing how many other fun things there are to do. I spent much of the past week hiking, reading, watching movies, and just enjoying the company of friends. It's important to do this from time to time. We all get wrapped up in work and weekly obligations, that we forget to have fun along the way. Stop and smell the roses, right?

Meanwhile, there was an election in Greece that seemingly was what everyone wanted. The conservatives won. Yet, now the hope seems have been short-lived as now everyone realizes that there are still financial problems all over Europe. You know the nations at this point. Money that nobody has is promised to lots of entitlement programs. Solving debt with more debt isn't making the situation better. It's almost like we're watching the slow-motion unwinding of the Western nations. Just saying. I just hope there is economic growth around some corner ahead.

The market has bounced. Investors Business Daily shouted the "follow through day" call from the mountain tops after the close on Friday, and signaled that the market is back in an uptrend. But that was after a bunch of percentage points reversal off the low, which only reinforces my view of IBD as the whipsaw indicator. I don't see how anyone makes money following The Big Picture. Volume seems to be a little skittish to me.

I haven't run the Black Box or checked any indicators yet. It's still the weaker part of the seasonal period (spring-summer), so I'm still in mostly cash and low-beta stuff. I still may try a few trades here and there, but no pressure. No reason to do so other than if the itch hits.

***

I used to use telechart or TC2000 awhile ago. But with the iPad being my main device now, I rarely use the desktop and left TC2000. Now I notice they have an iPad app, so I signed up for the free trial. But I'm a little underwhelmed and will probably cancel and continue to use Amibroker.

Dodgers won 2 of 3 from the White Sox, and I'm watching and hoping the Angels can beat the Giants tonight. Not looking good so far.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus