Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Quick Thought About Apple

This is a quick thought about $AAPL - Apple.

First, I don't own any. Second, I don't plan on buying any during Summer. That doesn't mean I won't, though. But as of today, it's sit on hands for me.

Technically, the stock is moving up near $600 and looking to be making a move. After breaking down below the 50dma and meandering about, the stock now seems to be lifting. And when it goes up, all the indexes that are heavily weighted in AAPL go up, too.

Earnings are coming up in July, and we know the company blowing the doors off on sales. I don't know and I'm not going to guess if the second quarter saw surging or weaker demand, but their products are the ones to own. The new iPad is amazing. The existing iPhones are amazing. We know that whatever the next iPhone looks like, it will be amazing. With 4G data, everyone will want to upgrade. Trust me on that one. Speed is everything - as iPad owners now know.

I can't think of a reason not to own some Apple in a portfolio. The only stickler is entry point for those who don't own. Plus, maybe a second stickler is any market seasonality.

But want I wanted to say about Apple is that when I was in Bodega Bay this last week, I used the HDMI connection to the TV to stream MLB and Netflix. In addition, as I hiked down to the beaches and along hiking trails, I took lots of videos that I was able to play on the TV. The picture quality was fantastic for everything.

There are headlines today about Apple TV. But honestly, if you have an iPhone or iPad, and the HDMI cable, you already have an Apple TV. Just plug the darn thing in to the TV!

***

One potential issue is the ability to use the device while watching TV. LOL.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus