Thursday, November 21, 2013

And the Beat Goes on

  • image The market shrugged off the last few ugly days to make a new move up.  It was a nice day to be long.  It is as if the market just can’t go down for very long anymore.
  • I’m still in cash.  LOL.  It hurts so good.  I’d rather miss a move than be leaning the wrong direction.  But I still have a feeling that what comes next won’t be fun.  But from what levels and how much higher will the market go?  It could ramp up as tired bears give up.
  • Health pricing causes sticker shock.  Ya think?  “Sweeping differences in health care exchange pricing among states and counties is leading to sticker shock for some middle class consumers…”  The unfortunate thing is that the sticker shock is hitting the middle class.  But it is probably a fantastic deal for the poor.  The rich don’t care.
  • Contrarian alert! In California, state analyst projects years of budget surpluses. “…California is poised for years of multibillion dollar surpluses.”  So, be afraid.  Be very afraid.
  • Nike is expanding their dividend by 14%.  I don’t own any shares.  Or sneakers – they hurt my feet. 
  • Maybe it’s the upcoming holiday or the cooler (and wetter) weather, but I feel like hunkering down and watching movies.  You?
  • I know I said I was going to blog more and get back to audioboos and podcasts, but… Well, I’m blogging.  So…
  • I’m tired of fantasy football, but I keep playing year after year.  Drew Brees didn’t do much after the first half.  C’mon.

blog comments powered by Disqus