Thursday, January 03, 2019

Worst Start in 2 Decades!

  • "The stock market logs worst start to a year in 2 decades" - USA Today
  • I feel as if a good economy or a bad economy is sometimes the result of marketing. Is an optimistic message being sent my politicians and media? Or, are we seeing a more negative message win the day? I think the Trump hatred has the latter "everything is bad news" sentiment winning the day. If consumers are scared, they're less likely to spend money on stuff.
  • Almost on cue, "Branding in a Recession - A Survivor's Guide." - Forbes 
  • Meanwhile as I posted the other day, the Fed is raising rates and reducing liquidity...
  • What's old is new again:  Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker of the House.  And now she makes $223,500.  American dollars.
  • Shutdown yuck:  "Overflowing trash and human waste and other unsafe visitor conditions have prompted Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks in California to close to the public." - CBS Sacramento 
  • Who is winning the shutdown? Nobody. Maybe the bears in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks as they have free reign over the trash cans.
  • I watched Netflix Black Mirror: Bandersnatch.  Liked it!  I wanted to go to the next episode... but...  That was it!  Have to wait for season 5!  No spoilers, but it was fun to interact and make the decisions for the lead character.
  • Will there be discounts and promotions on new iPhone XS and XS Max phones? I was thinking about getting the iPhone XS Max, but now I want to wait for a deal!

blog comments powered by Disqus