Monday, March 24, 2008

The Monday After

  • Back home after the first weekend of March Madness. Went to Reno for four days in a smoke-filled sports book.  I think it'll take me a few days to recover. 
  • Woo, look at that stock market.  I watched the Fox Bulls and Bears show, and everyone was pretty bullish.  That usually concerns me, but I've been of the mind that the market prices in the future, and that the bull market is not over.  This correction that we've had is just more severe than our normal 5% pullback.  And every correction carries with it some headline-grabbing drama.
  • I'm continuing to hold longs here, and remain bullish.
  • So Hillary wants the government to buy up homes?  Seems like a bad idea to me.
  • Detroit's mayor Kwame Kilpatrick in a sex scandal.  Oh I should say "Democratic" mayor, but there is enough slime to go around for both parties that it doesn't even matter at this point.
  • Barry Ritholtz says Bottom Callers Run RampantLooking from a sentiment perspective, its hard to say that the we've seen the sort of fear that typically accompanies a lasting market bottom. There's still plenty of speculative juice around.  Seems like BR is looking at this as a counter trend rally in a bear market.

blog comments powered by Disqus