Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Guam for all the Marbles!

  • It would be fun if the Democratic nomination came down to Guam.  Guam for all the marbles!
  • Guam's Top Model.  It's the little island that could.  This pic is of Natalia Faculo, singer/student from the village of Dededo.  She loves to write songs, sing, and model. 
  • Hillary beats Obama but only gains a handful of delegates.  Not a big enough margin to do any damage to Obama, and she's running out of states. 
  • The stock market?  Are we all a little hungover from last week's run?  I believe the tenor on Wall Street has changed back into bull mode, and that the market correction is over.  Staying long.
  • I like Bank of America (BAC).  And Wells Fargo (WFC).   Keeping an eye on Philip Morris International (PM), too.  No positions in any of those at this time.
  • We know what there is to know about financials.  I think BAC is the monster here.  WFC is extremely well run and has avoided most of the subprime crud.
  • PM over MO, because of the domestic (US) anti-smoking and smoke-tax mania here.  Especially should Obama win in November.  I think smoking will continue to decline here. No matter how cool Katie looks doing it!  Not that I'm bearish on MO.  It'll probably do okay.  They do sell an addictive product.
  • Then again, so does Hershey (HSY)!  I think I need a chocolate fix right now!
  • I wonder if folks will sell dividend stocks should Obama get in and raise taxes on dividends....?
  • John McCain, the Presidential candidate who claims to know squat on economics, has an econ advisor!  See Greg Mankiw for linkies.
  • I wonder if I can watch Guam's Top Model over the web?  Hmm.
  • Maybe there's a slogan for Hillary in there somewhere, "Hillary:  Guam's Top President."  But keep the pantsuit on, Hill.  Lets let Natalia do the modelin'...

blog comments powered by Disqus