Saturday, April 26, 2008

NFL to the NBA

  • First, something money-themed.  I'm surfing around and really sensing a tug-of-war between the bulls and the bears here.  You can find the blogs out there pretty easily, but there is no consensus. It's as if there is no crowd opinion out there.  Except that oil prices are out of control.  We can agree on that, right?  World demand and a lot of oil is in crazy-ass countries. 
  • OK.  I've had it.  This NFL draft is lacking the drama of last year's.
  • ESPN went over to NBA, too.  So I flipped to the NFL Network.  Here's my two cents on the NFL Network:  Not as good as ESPN.  I started with the NFL Net, but switched back to ESPN. 
  • So I switch over to the NBA, where the Lakers are playing the Nuggets.  Not much drama there, either.  Kobe and Co. are taking it to Denver and it's looking like a 3-0 series lead. 
  • The Rockets and Jazz series is fun to watch.
  • Eh, back to the NFL Network.  I do love how every pick is seen as the Messiah by fans.  Being a Dolphins fan, I have to say I like Parcells fixing the lines.  That is where the games are won.  Open big enough holes, and I might be a 1000-yard rusher.  Okay, not me.  But your average NFL-RB looks pretty good with a stud O-Line.
  • I did get the bike ride in, despite the constant wind from the north.  Good grief, that was sapping.  About 2 hours worth.  My battery went dead on my bike computer so I'm not sure how far I went.  Going to go tomorrow, too.  What the hey.

blog comments powered by Disqus