Saturday, April 26, 2008

NFL Draft Day Randomosity

  • Dolphins cheerleader Stefanie is sure happy about that Jake Long draft and signing.
  • Do you have your mock NFL draft sheet ready to go?
  • Starting off this weekend...  Barron's says that folks are ready to jump back into stocks and that the dollar may be ready to rally.  Contrarian indicator?  Naw, too early.  I believe the crowd is right for long periods of time, and they just tend to miss the inflection points when the trend changes.  The lows held on the correction, and it looks as if we're trending up.
  • The reality is that the economy wasn't as dire as folks were worrying about.  The whole debate of are we or aren't we in a recession indicates to me that we're not talking a worst case global meltdown scenario.  It's either an economic slowdown or it's a very mild recession, and now stocks are pricing in a better tomorrow.
  • Of course, I haven't read Abelson, yet.  I'm sure he's grumpy and dour.
  • Rice is being rationed in Sacramento.  Costco doesn't have any rice, but if you want 100 lbs. of kitty litter or 10 lbs. of cod, you're good to go.
  • ESPN talkin' QBs here early.  2 hours until draft starts.  I'll have to get my bike ride in early.
  • Reading Adam Warner's Time Well Spent is time well spent on how time is not well spent on Bubble TV.
  • Enough Wealth on Bad Tax Planning featuring Blade.  Er, Wesley Snipes.  (Not pictured).
  • I was watching Fast Money (on said Bubble TV) on friday.  Why does it seem that they're yelling at me?
  • QB Matt Ryan to the Falcons  you think? Trade?  I gotta get my ride in. 

blog comments powered by Disqus