Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Gold Rush Randomosity

  • The market continues to do whatever as the financial networks focus on whether or not the bailout will happen today, tomorrow, or this weekend, next week, next month, next year, or at all.  
  • Oh... San Francisco 49er's cheerleader (Gold Rush), Daffne.  She's from Peru!  And if you picked up SF QB JT O'Sullivan for your fantasy football team, that wasn't such a bad deal.  I didn't...
  • Understanding the impact of the iPhone.  And the impact to Microsoft and RIM.
  • John Jansen has a nice line up at Seeking Alpha on President Bush speaking on the bailout.  I was reminded of a line from a Beatles song which went, “I imagine that she is a very nice girl but she hasn’t got a lot to say”. He just does not have much to say and in this event, sadly he is not in control; events are.
  • Greenspan says that the economy will suffer if Congress doesn't act.   I wonder how bad it would be?  We've had such excesses this decade with the stock bubble and the real estate bubble.  You almost wonder if we need to go through a health restoring recession instead of trying to float our way through it via government intervention?  I really don't know.
  • JP Morgan predicts California home prices to crash 58%.  I don't know, but we're close to 40% already in some places.
  • I liked JP Morgan on The Gong Show.
  • Barry Ritholtz says $700 billion is just the start.  I tend to agree, as I figure government financial projections tend to be off by a factor of at least three.
  • What would Greg Mankiw do if he were a member of Congress?

blog comments powered by Disqus