Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The McCainberry

  • Who knew John McCain (not pictured) invented the Blackberry? I think it should be called the McCainberry.  And now that I know it's the official cellphone preferred by neocons, scratch my plans to get an iPhone!  Where do I get in line?
  • Well, stock market is collapsing again.  "Credit fears."  No new signals on the Black Box Jr., and the Long-Short Model is still short the NDX via the PSQ exchange traded fund.  That was a good signal.
  • None of the traditional or historical trends are in play these days as the news headlines are driving the market.  All related to the collapsing of the real estate bubble and bad mortgages.  I think I certainly underestimated the impact of this, as far as the extent of the ramifications to banks and the market goes.  And with financials being 20% of the SP500, the ramifications are large.  At least, they used to be 20%.   Maybe less now?
  • Overall, outside of bad mortgages affecting banks, I think most folks are doing fine and the economy is stronger than what is in the news headlines.  At some point, the fear will subside.  When?  That's the big question.