Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Randomosity

  • I think it was on CNBC this morning that it was mentioned the stock market is down on inauguration day 72% of the time.
  • Check.
  • Financials down over 16% today. The market will have a tough time rallying if the financials are getting smoked.  And they are getting smoked world-wide.
  • As a friend said in an email, "Today was a beating."  Totally.
  • I watched some of the inauguration today (via iPhone).  I know it's a big event, but I was looking for some real news somewhere, and that's been tough to find today.
  • The best thing about the inauguration is the picture of Obama's daughter Sasha giving him a thumbs up.  And that's pictured!  Great photo.  "You did good, Dad."
  • $C closed at $2.80.   WOW.
  • Fox is trying some new TV pilots.  I'm scared to try any because the ones I've liked get canceled.  (Uh, Journeyman.)
  • Are those women on Rock of Love (Bret Michaels) skanky or what?  They look like burnt-out druggies to me.  Bleh.
  • "If you own financial shares, maybe today Obama was the sideshow." - Up is Good Down is Bad.