Monday, January 05, 2009

Monday Market Thoughts

  • I suppose at this point, some folks are looking at the current rally and thinking that it looks familiar to the September 2002 bottom and subsequent rally. I believe that rally was about 20% or so, followed by a retest of the 2002 lows in March 2003.  (I mentioned this earlier, but I like to repeat myself.  LOL).
  • So is that carved in the stones?  That's my best guess.  If this rally fades, then the lows of 2008 could be retested and that would complete the Deja Vu.
  • I remain 100% long, but that doesn't mean I won't try to dance along the edges a bit with regards to beta.
  • Have you put up your new 2009 calendar yet?  You could do worse than Kim Kardashian's all-new calendar for 2009.
  • Are we finaly through with the Holiday Programming?  It's been about all I could handle.  Lets get back to our favorites.  Bring back Heroes and Lost.  Lets give Jack Baur a shot in 24.  Where'd we leave off in Life on Mars?  It's important!
  • Here are the TV battles and schedules.
  • President-elect Obama looks to move swiftly in passing an economic stimulus package once in the big chair.  The specifics are still lacking, but my guess is that it will be heavy in tax cuts for those who don't pay taxes and also building lots of roads and bridges. 
  • Apple's ($AAPL) Steve Jobs stuggling with his hormones. Fortunately, after further testing, my doctors think they have found the cause -- a hormone imbalance that has been "robbing" me of the proteins my body needs to be healthy.  Stay tuned.  Sounds strange.
  • Matt Smith takes over as Dr. Who in 2010.  So is he now "Dr. Who-elect?"
  • How overbought is the market?