Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Intellectual Ether

  • Extremely fugly day on the market.
  • The bank rescue plan detailed by Timothy Geithner did not provide vital details of how his plan will work.  I'm not buying that. I think the market took a look at a solution of "spending money we don't have" as a continuation of what George Bush did.
  • Wall Street isn't fooled by BS.  The market is tired of the intellectual ether we're getting so far.
  • Yesterday, someone asked President Obama about Vice President Biden's comments that whatever they (the Obama administration) do, has a 30% chance of failure.  Cue the SNL skit:  "Look, whatever we do, there's a decent chance it's pure crap.  Completely worthless."
  • A new Kindle book reader from Amazon will be available on February 24th.  As I mentioned awhile ago, I've been using my iPhone to read books and such.  At $359, I see no reason to buy a Kindle.  But folks seem to like 'em.
  • Did you see who was on the next Dancing with the Stars?  Starts March 9th, FWIW.
  • Tom Leykis:   Folks the party is over. It's over. The party of spending, the party of going to Starbucks and spending $50 a week is over.