Monday, May 09, 2005

Quick Hits

* I'm back here at the Fun Factory. Picked up a Quizno's sub that'd make Baby Bob wish he had some molers! Well, it's veggie, so maybe not.

* Nobody ever showed up for my "8:00am-10:00am" appointment today. Nobody called. I left messages. Nothing. Maybe they meant next monday, the monday 3 weeks from now, or some random monday in 2006. Who knows? Or maybe I should've asked them "8:00am-10:00am in what time zone? Please be specific."

* OK, the stock market... I think it's going higher. That's it. I'm long. I don't think seasonal investing will work this year (selling in May). It hasn't worked for 2 years now, by the way. The big question is whether or not we'll revisit the recent lows again. Uh, I don't know. I'd like to see us grind higher. Everybody seems relatively bearish.

* If you want a Baby Bob Quizno's t-shirt, check out the Quizno's website. (No, I don't want one).

* So, Yahoo Health has an article on researching unpopular sex acts. They list bondage, breath play, and zoophilia. I don't know what the latter is. Probably not a good idea to do a Google search on it here in the office, either. I wonder how these folks with similiar fantasies find each other?

* Not all of my stock picks are winners. Shocker, eh? S1 (SONE) has been a loser. Seemed like a no brainer at the time. I don't own much, thank goodness. But it just shows you the importance of diversification.

* I wonder how cordial things are between President Bush and Putin these days? I think it's great that we're still talking and all. But there seems to be this undertow of disrespect for each other at this point. Russia doesn't like us in Iraq and we don't like their anti-democratic approaches. But, we're talking and that can't be all bad.

* Big Reality Show week. The finales of The Amazing Race and The Apprentice. And we'll see if votefortheworst can swing enough oomph Anthony's way in American Idol. Things are whittling down in America's Next Top Model, too.

* The really big news out this week will be the list of military bases scheduled for closure. That's coming later this week! I think that the first round of closures had a big impact on the real estate market in some areas. Military bases provide lots of local jobs, so that can help create a firm underpinning for an economy. We shall see...

blog comments powered by Disqus