Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tuesday

* Stocks stumbling. That's not supposed to happen. According to the WSJ, it's uncertainty about the economy and worries about Cisco's earnings tonight. Okay, the first part I'm not worried about. Cisco is one of yesterday's darlings, and shouldn't have much long-lasting effect, either. Hopefully, normal pre-options week selling to set up the options week rally! Who's your rally monkey?

* New Zealand to introduce a Global Warming Tax.

* I'm watching 24 this season, and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it. Last night, Jack caught Habib Marwan. Sorry for the spoiler for you TIVO owners. Hey, you know Jack was going to be the hero, right?

* Listening to Cheap Trick. I want you, to want me. Live version of course.

* I'm interested in what HDTV DVD technology will be on the store shelves later this year. I don't want to pay the bucks to be an early adopter, so I'm hoping there's some universal standard and lots of competition and price cutting on day 1. (I can dream...)

* Yahoo Health news... Soda and sleeping pills tied to heartburn. Yeah, probably daytime heartburn, too. How come heartburn gets worse as you get older, anyways? The column also says folks with asthma are more likely to have heartburn. I wonder if the heartburn is contributing to the asthma. But I'm no MD. Of course, everything keeps pointing to the fact that if you're thirsty, you should drink water.

* Project wrapping up at the Fun Factory, but now everyone is scrambling because the project lead on another project is leaving. So, rumor is that I'm going to take over that next. Great, leftovers. I hate trying to pick up the pieces on somebody else's project. Because, if they knew they were leaving, they might've not put in 100% effort. It's like undercooking chicken; you might just get salmonella.

blog comments powered by Disqus