Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Reese's Pieces

* I work in a vending machine wasteland. Not a one seems to work correctly. I think they just collect money from stupid people who continue to have faith that someday, they'll actually get that bag of chips or chewing gum for their $.55.

* So, what I liked about the stock market today is that we tried to rally in the last hour. Keep an eye on that. I think that represents the smart money. We shall see.

* A 2-hr finale to American Idol? Like most of my Fun Factory coworkers, I think it means I'm watching Lost, and then turning over during the last 10 minutes of Idol to see who wins...

* Next to the vending machines, is one of those little coin-operated candy machines that dispense M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, Hot Tamales and the like. Yeah, you remember Reese's Pieces from the ET movie? I got some. Eh. Not that great.

* Dixieland Jazz all sounds the same to me. I can't much distinguish between one song and the other.

* I keep forgetting that the NBA is even on. Looks like the Spurs are handing it to the no-defense Suns. Should we be surprised that defense is winning in the playoffs? There was no defense in that Suns-Mavericks series.

* What's the over-under on commercials during American Idol tonight? That show can drive you mentally numb with commercials.

* Have you ever noticed how folks who listen to Dixieland sit there and bob their heads?

* Reese's Pieces are like sugary peanut butter. I'm kind of a peanut butter purist. Give me the natural style. The kind with added sugar and oil kind of grosses me out.

* Robert Plant has a new CD? Can that guy carry a tune anymore? His last CD was horrrrible. I just went and sampled it. Blech.

blog comments powered by Disqus