Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Grill Factory

  • Man, I got grilled in a meeting here at the Fun Factory today.  One of those where I was pulled in at the last minute and assumed to be the expert on something that I had no information on.  "Huh?"  I tried denying any knowledge whatsoever, but that didn't satisfy the herd.  Then I tried to make up stuff (ie, educated guesses with lots of caveats), and things got worse.  Finaly, I tried to be dismissive with "get back ta ya laters."  No dice.  What's a muckdog to do?  I threw out some information, and ran like hell.  I left the meeting with tons of nervous energy.  Some would call that anxiety.  I don't know. 
  • Then I saw the market.  You know, another good day.  Considering yesterday's blast off to the moon.  Earnings afterhours look so-so, but when the fish are biting nobody seems to care.  Lots of bricks in the wall of worry that nobody cares about.  Is gas on the way to $4?  Does anyone care?  Will Iran have nukes?  Whatever!  Interest rates moving up?  Tell it to your momma, boy!
  • Not that I'm justifying or rationalizing anything.  Just saying. 
  • Seriously, price is the ultimate stock market indicator.  It always works.  The Black Box does what it can, but sometimes it isn't right.  So what's a muckdog to do?  No worries, mate.  Patience is the best ally.  There are always more set-ups coming.  Don't cry over spilt semis.
  • Wednesdays.  Lost.  I love Lost.  I hate commercials.  I think I'm getting to the point where I record everything and watch it later.  Don't tell the advertisers, though.  I think there's a new America's Next Top Model on, too.  Tyra Banks is too funny.

  • I see this article where Hu Stands Firm on Chinese Currency, and I think Kelly Hu?  If she had anything to say about the Chinese currency or anything else for the matter, I'd probably listen.  I thought she was great in Martial Law.  Undercover officer in a bikini.  What's wrong with that?
  • This is the last day of Fantasy Basketball.  I have a slim hold on 2nd place.  So it'll be interesting to see what happens tonight.  I'm hoping that the stars mail it in and the subs get a lot of playing time.
  • Intel wasn't so great afterhours, but it's up anyways.    Hey, that's what bull markets are all about.
  • TELL IT TO YOUR MAMMA, MUCKDOG!

blog comments powered by Disqus