Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Snoozapalooza Randomosity

  • As I mentioned in the last entry, I've been in meetings all day. Finaly have a break.  It's difficult to go from one to another all day long, and give each topic its due.  Getting a little glazed over!
  • I love the market sector widget on the side.  Check out what did well today:  Energy, Utilities, and basic materials.  Everything else was BLECH!  Light volume, though.
  • Once again, the theme was "financials are in trouble."  If the financials head back down, it'll be really tough for the rest of the market to advance or even hold up.  But you do have to admire the Nasdaq for trying! 
  • And for those who "missed" the rally in financials off the lows:  If you were waiting for a pullback, when do you get in?  See, now it gets scary again with all the negative chatter out there.
  • Resumed trading today in the Black Box Jr. with the IDU buy.  Eliminated the previous trades (PM and PGH) that were error driven.  Again, not a recommendation.  Just paper trading. 
  • Chinese President revealed as lip-syncing fake.  (The story on the girl was pretty sad, I thought).
  • Might want to book Adam Warner's blogtalkradio segments on your calendars.  I need to do that, if I can get out of these "Muckdog's in a coma, I know I know" meetings. 
  • I think my watermelon eating days are numbered.  What's next, apples?
  • Speaking of, Best Buy to sell iPhones.  Good for Apple and Best Buy.
  • Over 33,000 folks signed up to buy GM's electric car, the Volt.  GM says it costs $40,000 to build.  I hope those who think they'll be saving lots of money at the pump realize what electric cars will do to their energy bill.  After all, you plug those things into a wall socket.  Which is connected to a coal-fired electric plant, FWIW. 
  • We need a lot more nuclear power infrastructure to support electric cars. 
  • The nice thing about apples?  Much better shelf life.

blog comments powered by Disqus