Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Technical Glitch Tuesday

My PC crashed last night. Fortunately, I was able to recover. I had upgraded to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) a few weeks ago, and everything seemed fine. But the Media Center program was crashing due to some conflict with SP3. My attempts to fix it crashed the PC.

I tried uninstalling SP3, but then a lot of programs were puking. I think went to a system restore date prior to the installation of SP3, which also caused some pukeage. The "final solution" was going back to a restore point one-day prior, and being forced to live with a broken Media Center.

I've scoured the web for those having similar issues. I'm not alone. I'll update with links later to message boards and forums from those who have also tried to resolve the problems with SP3 and Media Center.