Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fugly Thursday

  • Tiger Woods Ugly day in the market.  It’s a ways for the QQQQ to get to the 200dma, but I’m wondering if there’s a big gravitational pull in that direction from here.  Looks about $40, right?  Yeah, that’d make a lot of folks unhappy.  Including me!
  • I was hoping for more of a bounce to lighten up on, but now I’m not sure if we’ll get it.  We’re heading to the end of the month where dollar-cost averaging starts through the first few days of February.  Maybe that’ll float the averages up a bit.  (Yes, should’ve acted last week. Doh).
  • Hey Tiger, maybe I need to go to a Bull Market Addict treatment facility.  Whaddya think?
  • $AAPL craters on the day after announcing the iPad. Talking with folks at work, I don’t think it’ll be a big hit until later.   Maybe version 2.  Maybe an addition of support for Flash.
  • I’m still looking forward to the next iPhone.  Two months left until I can upgrade!  When will Apple announce their next iPhone???
  • President Obama will announce his jobs stimulus plans tomorrow.  A $5000 tax credit for each new hire and a reimbursement of the Social Security tax businesses pay on the increase in their payrolls this year.  (Capped at $500K).  And companies can’t lay off 20, and then hire 10 to get the bennies!
  • $AMZN earnings surprise to the upsideAmazon CEO Jeff Bezos highlighted the success of his company's Kindle electronic reader. "Millions of people now own Kindles," he said in a prepared statement. "We sell 6 Kindle books for every 10 physical books."
  • Yeah, well we shall see how the iPad affects that going forward, Mr. Bezos.
  • $MSFT profit soars with Windows 7. "Exceptional demand for Windows 7 led to the positive top-line growth for the company," said Peter Klein, chief financial officer at Microsoft. "Our continuing commitment to managing costs allowed us to drive earnings performance ahead of the revenue growth." Hey, I like Windows 7 so far on my new Dell.  Say, I wonder how earnings will be for PC makers, eh?

blog comments powered by Disqus