Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Massachusetts Miracle Randomosity

  • Scott Brown declared the winner in MA. I think people like checks and balances.  MA is one of the most left-leaning states in the union, and they went Republican.  Hooray for checks and balances.  Nice move, folks.  Of course, the Democrats still have a big majority.  This at least puts the filibuster in play now and then.
  • Of course, now the Republicans will make the mistake of believing that this is a mandate for the Tea Party (or whatever).  I don’t think so.  This is a mandate for checks and balances, and against one-party rule.
  • The stock market rallied today!  Anticipating a Scott Brown win, or bouncing back from last week?  Either way, nice to see the bump.  I remain long, but wary of a sell off at any time.  I haven’t positioned my portfolio for a correction, yet.  Still think we have a shot at upside, so hanging on.
  • Saw Avatar yesterday at the IMAX.  It was pretty good. Maybe a little letdown because the film won the award for 2009 and I went in with high expectations.  But it was good.  I don’t think it was necessary to see in 3D, though.  It was mostly disorienting to me.  LOL.

blog comments powered by Disqus